SEO has become one of the best selling weapons currently, your business must appear in the top 5 search engines to exist, which means that you have to find the best SEO agency in your field, and above all, stronger than the one of your competitors. Still, it is necessary to know how to choose it.
We first provide you with a question guide, then an inventory of the qualities that will allow you to know what answers you should get from him.
Questions to ask your SEO consultant
- What are your marketing skills? How do you integrate SEO with the inbound and outbound strategies of a company? Do you also do SEA? How do you integrate the two strategies to achieve synergy?
- What are your sales knowledge and customer motivations? Who are your clients? What results did you get?
- How do you and your customers rank in the search engines?
- Who are your clients? Which master queries are important to them? Can you show me what you did?
- What is your knowledge of our field of activity?
- Are you located in our geographical area? What do you know? How does it work for local SEO?
- Since when are you in business?
- Do you agree to involve us in the creation of content?
- What are for you the 4 pillars of SEO?
- What social networks does he use to boost his clients’ SEO positions?
- What other SEO techniques do you use?
- Do you guarantee results? How soon? (trap questions)
- What are Google’s webmaster guidelines that you know and respect?
Experience and Results Obtained
A best SEO agency cannot be good everywhere, it takes too much time, but he must be able to excel in his areas of predilection, either for himself or for his clients. Do not rely on screenshots made several years ago, check for yourself by doing live research.
Do not let him impress you with searches in which he arrives first with a large number of words, prefer to test simple queries which here are some examples:
– For an SEO consultant: “Google’s first place”
– For a sales training school: “sales training” or “sales course”
– For an SEO training school: “SEO training” or “SEO web training”.
Here are the kinds of queries that do not mean anything: “hairdresser rue Monkland at Notre Dame de Grace – Montreal”.
Worse yet, but we see it, if it offers you to test a request including the name of the client!
The skills of an SEO specialist must be broad, which favors experienced consultants. I provide you with a wide range, your specialist will probably not cover everything, but the wider his skills, the better your choice.
Understand the basic principles of search engines in order to adapt to the constant evolution of their algorithms. Basic knowledge of WordPress or the CMS used by your site in order to optimize it for SEO Writing French, knowledge of grammar and language as perfect as possible, and use of a specialized corrector. It is catastrophic to see some sites full of spelling mistakes, it completely discredits them.
Understanding and use of lexical fields and semantic cocoons used by the artificial intelligence of search engines. The stuffing of keywords is over for a long time, unfortunately a number of “specialists” still use it.
Quality of writing, pen, to capture the attention of readers. Ability to challenge his techniques permanently to follow the evolution of algorithms, a best SMO Marketing Company is constantly challenged and is never sure of anything. Relational qualities to negotiate content placements on friend sites.
Skills of basic social networks to promote SEO: Facebook, LinkedIn, Scoopit, Twitter, possibly Instagram. The latter is ineffective for the majority of companies except in certain sectors where photos are essential, mainly in sectors such as beauty, restaurants, food, some trendy places, travel destinations.
It is normal for a SEO specialist to make an overall assessment of your site and your positioning in its business offer, but the work process included in its proposal should follow roughly the following steps:
Understand your marketing goals and current marketing strategy to include SEO strategy and find a synergy between inbound and outbound marketing. Study of your customers, their motivations, the research they do, their requests on the internet
Study of your site, Its positioning in the SERP , compared to your competitors
- Its design
- Its structure, the ease of moving around
- Insufficient or excessive number of call to action buttons
- Actions to position themselves
- The restructuring of the site or the creation of a new one by promoting the ease of travel for visitors, a simple structure, the internal mesh of the pages
- The content creation strategy and the use of your employees to do it
- The implementation of a back link strategy, these are shared between links nofollow and dofollow .
- The use of social networks to show the site, but also to make it climb
Web agencies often have the size to manage your entire site and carry out your SEO, SEA and social media campaigns. On the other hand, if they are often excellent in web advertising and adwords, they are not always in SEO. There are of course exceptions, but still they must keep their specialist, but the rotation of the vouchers is very strong in this environment.
The young wizz excel in a specific technical field, often very good in SEA, they often lack maturity to cover all aspects of SEO.
The best SEO specialists are often on their own, they have the experience, the maturity. Not many in the market, usually overwhelmed with work, they must generally hire young people to guide them to the basic work of SEO.
The sharp increase in the need for SEO in companies has encouraged the emergence of agencies or individuals with dubious practices. Google has listed these practices very clearly in the Google Webmaster Guidelines for Choosing a SEO, which lists the most common practices.
Any SEO consultant who guarantees you a placement on the first page Google is a liar, he can try, have hope, but cannot guarantee it. Refuse to pay blindfolded for unnatural links. No consultant can claim privileged relationships with Google or another search engine.
Avoid agencies that call you from abroad, in English, who claim to be from Google and offer you to improve your rankings. The same goes for e-mails informing you that you are misplaced and can help you get back on track. Wait for clear answers from the consultant to your requests, the contradictory explanations probably demonstrate shady practices. Be very careful if you give FTP access to your server, try to control everything that is done.
Make sure that your best SEO agency does not use your site to send links to his own site or other sites that he promotes and that have nothing to do with your business, you risk a penalty Penguin he you will have to go out . Creating new content with links to sites in the same domain is good, modifying old content to include reciprocal links with the page of another site, at the same time, should be avoided as suspect for Google.
Watch the number of back links and their progress, it would be abnormal that you have, for example, 1000 more in a few days. Your specialist is probably using link farms or black hat techniques, you may just be downgraded from Google.
Finally, and we cannot say too much, no web agency should keep control of your site to make you pay every small change at a high price. Your contract must specify that YOU are the owner of your site, you must be able to freely dispose of it and choose who you want to administer and control the content. You must also have access to the web master tools and understand the basic functions.