Hello Everyone! WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS) that helps users create dynamic websites and blogs. WordPress is the web’s most popular blogging system. Which allows users to edit, customize and manage their CMS website.
What is Content Management System (CMS)?
Content Management System (CMS) is such a software. A lot of data such as text, photos, music, documents etc. Stores and provides them in our website. It helps to modify, edit and publish the contents of the website.
- User Management: This helps in managing user information, such as changing the user’s role, creating a user (subscriber, contributor, author, editor or administrator), to create user, change password, and user information. The main part of the User Manager is Authentication.
- Media Management: This is a tool that manages media files and folders. This allows you to easily upload, organize and manage your files on your website.
- Theme System: This helps in modifying the site view.
- Extend with Plugins: Many plugins are available which provide custom functions and features according to user’s needs.
- Search Engine Optimized: This provides search engine optimization (SEO) tools that make on-site SEO easy.
- Multilingual: It can translate all the contents of the page into any language according to user’s instructions.
- Importers: This user helps in importing data as post. It imports custom files, comments, post pages and tags.
Whenever we think of starting a blog, we become confused between lots of options, such as Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr etc.
What blog platform we select depends on what we want to do with the blog. If you want to be a blog just for fun or to maintain your personal journal, then you can use BlogSpot, WordPress.com, or Tumblr because they are free and also easy to manage.
If you are building a blog to promote your business or earn money, then use a professional platform like WordPress.org (self hosted).
WordPress plugins are a specialty of WordPress software. This helps you add new features to your WordPress featured site. There is a WordPress plugin for everything. All you have to do is find the plugin and add them to your site.
Through WordPress theme you can change the design of your website. Many free theme options are available in WP and many premiums too. By using it you can easily create a effective website.
- Customization is easy, according to user’s needs.
- This is an open source platform and available in free.
- CSS files can be modified according to the needs of the user.
- There are many plugins and templates available in free ,User can modify these plugins according to their need.
- It’s very easy to edit the content in it, because it uses the WYSIWYG editor (that is what you get), that is, the user will see as you type, without having to do the commands.
- Media files are easily and quickly uploaded.
- By using too many plugins the website can be heavy, which will cause loading slow.
- To get the modification in the WordPress website, it is important to have a PHP knowledge.
- It is difficult to modify graphics, images and tables.